“ENGENHO E OBRA – Associação para o Desenvolvimento e Cooperação” is a Non-Governmental Organization for Development (NGOD), which emerged from the civil society. It is also a private law association and a non-profit institution.
Its goals are:
- To conceive, to implement and to give support to cooperation for development programmes and projects (for example: human assistance, promotion and protection of human rights);
- To intervene in the areas of education, training, employment and culture;
- To give scientific and technical support;
- To promote rural development and the protection and defence of the environment;
- To act as a transmitter of education for development.
In one simple sentence: it wants to promote and to improve the populations’ life conditions.
Finally, the institution wants to foment, to divulge and to disseminate the Portuguese Language through the world.